Are you a slaving author or an author slave to your publisher and/or publishing platform?
- Who controls the buy buttons for your book?
- Who controls your ISBN number if you want to republish or self-publish your work on other platforms?
- What if your publisher of record stops distributing your work?
- How do you compete with third party sellers of your hardback/paperback editions?
- Should you purchase and resell your remaindered books?
- How can you ensure that future editions of your book inherit your customer reviews—especially those precious 5-star reviews?
- What are your best income producing options for self-publishing your work?
Packed with practical tips that can spare you future heartache and financial loss, this book is a quick read for self-publishing authors and for authors under contract with mainstream or “Indie” publishing houses. Discover what Lightning Source, IngramSpark, Apple, B&N, Kobo & countless self-publishing platforms won’t tell you about selling your books on Amazon. Learn how to protect your Amazon buy buttons, reviews and various editions. Discover how to use Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) to protect your books.
Author, publisher and book coach, Dr. Starr has authored 25 books, published more than 70 titles & provided book coaching guidance to countless authors. Recently: “Thanks for all of your help in bringing AIM HIGH to life and for always believing in me.” – from NBC fashion expert and author Sydney Sadick, “AIM HIGH” (2020); “You have been so inspiring and encouraging.” – from Dr. Eva Klein, Professor of Psychiatry and author, “Love Later in Life” (October 2021)